(Make sure to re-use your plastic shopping bags & all supermarkets, barr the exceptions, dont open on sundays)
- Mercadona: inexpensive and well supplied supermarket located 500 meters away, Sitio de Calahonda – Urb. Los Jarales.
- Lidl: the cheapest supermarket around. Next to it, there is an excellent chinese shop called “Bazar Los Cipreses”. You will find anything you need (children beach toys, sun cream, toilet paper and so on…) for almost nothing.
- El Zoco and Los Olivos shopping Centres: are located right across the street from Dona Lola Club, Sitio de Calahonda. They host two supermarkets Supersol, many restaurants and bars, car rental agents, pharmacy, banks and so on ….
- SUPERCOR supermarket is open 7 days a week, even on Sunday, from 7.00 am until 1.00 in the morning. It is located at Riviera del Sol entrance, 1 km away, on the opposite side of Max Beach restaurant.
- The village of La Cala de Mijas (on the way to Fuengirola) contains many convenience stores (tobacco, supermarket, bakery, etc…) in its centre, and many restaurants along the beach.
RESTAURANTS & BARS
- Besides the bars and restaurants located in Doña Lola (mostly open at night), there are many restaurants at El Zoco shopping centre.
- Several Chiringuitos (Beach Bars or Restaurants) are just a seconds wander towards the beach.
- McDonald´s fast food restaurant is located not far from the resort, direction of Marbella
- Some of the best restaurants can be located:
. La Cala de Mijas on the sea side promenade
. Fuengirola, just off the main promenade, Fish alley (near Plaza de la Constitution) and on the Paseo Maritimo (seaside promenade)
. Cabopino Marina
FANCY A NICE STROLL?
Well now its easy using the newly built wooden boardwalk
- La Cala de Mijas : Promenade « New » taking you upto doña lola and very soon will connect upto cabopino .
- Cabopino Marina
- Marbella : Paseo Maritimo
- Fuengirola : Paseo Maritimo Rey de Espana
- Puerto Banus Marina
- La Cañada, Marbella (Al Campo, Fnac, Leroy Merlin, Bowling, Cinema + 200 shops) (N-340 exit 182)
- Parque Miramar, Fuengirola (Carrefour, hypermarket, Cinema + 120 shops) (N-340 exit 208)
- EL Corte Ingles, Fuengirola (Hypercor hypermarket + 100 shops) (N-340 exit 214)
(Very popular to buy clothes, shoes, purses, table clothes)
- Sunday: Fuengirola (at the port), Estepona: Port Flea market (painting, ornaments etc…)
- Monday: Marbella town (opposite the fishing harbour)
- Tuesday: Fuengirola (at the fairground)
- Wednesday: La Cala de Mijas
- Thursday: San Pedro Alcantara, Calahonda (at Calypso)
- Friday: Arroyo de la Miel (right behind Benalmadena Costa, near Tivoli World Amusement Park)
- Saturday: La Cala de Mijas, Nueva Andalucia (near the building by Puerto Banus), Fuengirola (Boot sale at the fairground)
There is an excellent bus service along the coast that stops at Calahonda with buses running every 25 minutes to Fuengirola and Marbella, stopping off at lots of beaches, villages, and attractions on the way. Bus station is located in front of the resort.
There is a Bus Route M-119 CALAHONDA –FUENGIROLA. For more details, webpage is http://www.ctmam.es/
- Caribasol, We can offer you many English-speaking excursions, mainly collective. Come and see us Monday to friday between 10am and 06pm
- You also can often partake in a FREE trip to Malaga or Mijas, or to the market at Fuengirola organized by the entertainment department of Doña Lola.
All along Costa del Sol runs a road called A-7 / N-340. This motorway allows to reach easily any of the interesting spot without red light. Pay attention, the speed limit is 80 km/hour
On the road, if you take the wrong direction, and you want to go backward, use the exit called « cambio de sentido»
If you want to drive faster, use the toll highway “Autopista del Mediterraneo ” E-15 / AP-7.
Its entrance is located in upper Calahonda. The speed limit is 120 km/h.
It is interesting to use it, when you want to go quite a long way, but it is not when you want to go to Marbella, Fuengirola, or Malaga.
Driving on the free motorway A-7 / N-340:
- Marbella center: 10 minutes (N-340 exit 182)
- Fuengirola: 10 minutes
- Mijas Pueblo: 15 minutes Highly recommended
- Benalmadena: 15 minutes
- Puerto Banus: 20 minutes
- Malaga : 25 minutes
- Ronda: 45 minutes
Driving on the toll highway E-15 / AP-7:
- Gibraltar: 50 minutes Highly recommended
- Antequera: 1h00
- Nerja : 1h15
- Granada: 1h45 Highly recommended
- Tarifa : 1h45
- Jerez de la Frontera 2 h00
- Cordoba: 2h30
- Tangier Morocco: 2h15 (Algeciras) + a 6 minutes boat cross over
- Cadiz : 2h15
- Sevilla: 2h35 Highly recommended
You can go to Sevilla for one day only, but you will have to get up early and to come back late.
BEACHES IN THE AREA
Marbella East beaches are the Costa del Sol most beautiful one’s, as they are made of white sand, water is not very deep, they are big, they offer multitude of bars and restaurants and beach mattress and umbrella rentals:
- El Rosario, Las Chapas : Alicate Playa, Artola Playa, Marbesa,
- Monteros Playa : Plage Realejo, Plage la Adelfa, El Pinillo Playa
- Elviria playa : Plage Real de Zaragoza, Costa Bella Playa , La Vibora Playa
- Cabopino Playa : wild beach
Other nice long beaches:
- Fuengirola : Playa del Castillo et Paseo Maritimo
- La Cala de Mijas
BEACH PARTIES (Only in summer)
- Nikki Beach : Playa Hotel Don Carlos N 340, km 192
- Purobeach : Laguna village, Playa El Padron N 340, km 159
- Buddha Beach : Urb. Villa Marina N 340, km 174
- Ocean Club : Avenida de Lola Flores N 340, km 174
- Park Aquatico Mijas/Fuengirola
- Aventura Amazonia Elviria (exit km 192) up to 6 years old
- Super Mini Golf Fuengirola Castle, On hotel Beatriz Beach
- Tivoli World Arroyo de la Miel, Benalmadena
- Funny Beach Marbella
- Biopark Zoo Fuengirola
- Selwo Adventure Park Estepona
- Crocodile Park Torremolinos
- Sea Life Centre Benalmadena
- Selwo Marina Benalmadena
- Cable car Benalmadena
- Dolphin World Gibraltar
- Team4you : Information & reservation Sebastián: + 34 619 987 093
- email: email@example.com
- Buggy Safari Marbella : Ph: +34 952 833 664
- Paintball Marbella: Canada de Castillo Poligono 4, 29110 Monda Ph: +34 647 510 660 / +34 678 059 121
- Quad : Quadlandertreks.com: El Chorro, Alora Ph: +34 651 183 313
- Paragliding: Smile High Fuengirola Parasailing + quads + 4x4 jeep safaris, + fishing + dolphins tour + scuba diving Local 52, Puerto Deportivo, Fuengirola Marina. Ph: +34 952 581 861 / +34 630 131 234
- Mountain bikes + Bicycles : Marbella Rent A Bike : for adults and children delivered at home Ph: +34 628 174 930
- Horse riding: Club Hipico La Cala de Mijas Ph: +34 677 761 066
- Horse riding: Establo El Castillo: Club La Costa N340 Malaga-Cadiz Km 207, Mijas Costa Ph: +34 952 472 780
- Water ski + bananas + water sports : Splash Water Sports: N 340 Km 192, Cabopino, Marbella Ph: +34 952 837 070
- Cable-ski : Cableski Marbella, Guadalmina Alta, Parque de las Medranas s/n San Pedro de Alcantara Ph: +34 952 78 55 79
- Karting : Go Karting Club Fuengirola/Mijas hippodrome
La Siesta (9 holes): 1 km
Calanova and Miraflores: 2 km
La Noria (9 holes) and El Chaparral 3,5 km
La Cala Golf Resort (3 X 18 holes) and Cabopino: 5 km
Santana, Santa Maria, and Greenlife Marbella: 6 km
Marbella Golf Club and Cerrado del Aguila: 7, 5 km
Mijas Golf Los Lagos and Los Olivos (2x 18 holes) : 8,5 km
Rio Real and Santa Clara: 9 km
Monte Paraiso, Alhaurin and Lauro Golf: 14 km
EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBERS
- Emergency medical number: + 34 952 93 44 44
- Taxi: + 34 952 47 65 93 / + 34 952 47 82 88
- Police (Guardia Civil): + 34 952 47 40 30